Replacing your home’s roof is one of the best investments you can make in your property. Not only do today’s roofing designs look beautiful, they’re also designed to last for as long as you own your home.
As you prepare for your home roofing installation, there are several things you can do to ensure the job unfolds as smoothly as possible. Here are six tips to keep in mind before we (the roofing company) arrives:
- Make Sure the Roofing Company Has Access to Your Roof- Tearing off an old roof and installing a new one is a big project that takes up a lot of space around the perimeter of your home. To protect outdoor items from debris and ensure the roofers can work as efficiently as possible it’s important to clear driveways and sidewalks before the crew arrives.
- Clear Valuables from your attic. If you have valuables they can be laden with dust when we work on your roof. It is best to remove them.
- Make arrangements for children and pets
- Be a good neighbor- Before the roofers get started, it’s a good idea to give your neighbors a heads up that you’re replacing your roof. This small courtesy can go a long way.
- Prep the Inside- Although experienced roofers do their best to keep dust and noise to a minimum during a new roof installation, any type of heavy construction on your home’s frame can cause strong vibrations that shift mirrors and photos on the walls.
- Prep the outside- If you have a satellite on your roof, you should work with your cable provider to move it while your roof is being installed. If you have flowerbeds or landscaping around your home, it’s a good idea to protect them from dust and debris by covering them with tarps or plastic. You should also remove any hanging plants while the new roof is being installed.
We like all of our homeowners to be educated and prepared for their roof replacement. This is what puts us a step above the rest. Before the first hammer flies on a roofing project, we know exactly how the job will unfold, step by step. This thorough planning allows us to complete most roofing projects in just one day. We look forward to working with you.